MOOC : AAA Internet of Things with Microcontrollers: a hands-on course / L'Internet des Objets sur microcontrôleurs par la pratique
Présentation du MOOC AAA Internet of Things with Microcontrollers: a hands-on course / L'Internet des Objets sur microcontrôleurs par la pratique
Informations pratiques sur le MOOC
Description du MOOC
Considered as the third revolution of the Internet, the Internet of Things (IoT) is a natural evolution of technology, a link between the physical world and the digital world whose goal is to make our life easier.
With already billions of connected objects, the Internet of Things has a very wide range of applications including for instance home automation, agriculture, but also healthcare and industry...
The Internet of Things is a revolutionary paradigm enabling many new applications. For this revolution to be a success, it has to meet a lot of challenges among which:
- Energy efficiency of the IoT devices for a long autonomy and energy saving
- Interoperability between all the connected objects
- Updates of the devices for a long-term use
- Security of the IoT devices to prevent them from being hacked
- Data privacy of the users
This MOOC is composed of 5 modules combining:
- textual course contents,
- course videos,
- hands-on activities with the use of Jupyter notebooks, the FIT IoT-Lab platform and the RIOT operating system.
The course is bilingual english / french: all the material is proposed in english and french, the videos are in english with english and french subtitles.
Plan du MOOC
- Module 1: Internet of Things: General Presentation?At the end of this module you will be able to provide a description of the IoT system from the device to the cloud.
- Module 2: Focus on Hardware Aspects
At the end of this module you will be able to explain the hardware architecture of a connected device with the energy constraints associated. You will also be able to classify IoT devices according to their role or application.
- Module 3: Focus on Embedded Softwares
At the end of this module you will be able to apply the specific programming principles for a connected object. You will also be able to describe the characteristics of the RIOT operating system.
- Module 4: Focus on Low-Power Wireless Networks
At the end of this module you will be able to describe IoT communication protocols with the various networks layers. You will also be able to write your first IoT application using the Internet protocol CoAP in order to retrieve the values from a temperature sensor.
- Module 5: Securing Connected Objects
At the end of this module you will be able to identify the security problems of connected objects and the existing solutions to overcome them.
At the end of the course, an attestation of achievement will be delivered to the participants who will have obtained the minimal score required. The evaluation is based on quizzes and peer assessment of hands-on activities.
- Certificat proposé : non
- Attestation proposée : oui (gratuit)
- Attendus du MOOC :
Following this course assumes the following prior knowledge:
- Programming notions of C and/or Python or Bash
- Linux systems (use of command lines)
At the end of the course, you will be able to develop an IoT application from the object to the cloud.
- Accédez à la plateforme : FUN-MOOC
- Vous inscrire au MOOC : AAA Internet of Things with Microcontrollers: a hands-on course / L'Internet des Objets sur microcontrôleurs par la pratique
- Du cours : Licence Creative Commons BY-NC
- Du contenu produit par les participants : Licence Creative Commons BY-NC-ND
Suivez le MOOC sur les réseaux sociaux
Research engineer at Inria Saclay- Île-de-France
Professor at the Université Polytechnique des Hauts-de-France, Valenciennes
Research engineer in the experimentation and development team at Inria Saclay - Île-de-France
Research scientist at INRIA (Lille Nord Europe)
Research engineer at Inria Grenoble - Rhône-Alpes
Engineer working for CNRSat ICube laboratory (UMR 7357) - Strasbourg
Research engineer at Inria Lille - North Europe