MOOC : Introduction to a Web of Linked Data
Informations pratiques sur le MOOC
Description du MOOC
Among its many evolutions, the Web became a way to exchange data between applications. Everyday we consume and produce these data through a growing variety of applications running on a growing variety of devices. This major evolution of the Web has applications in all domains of activity.
This MOOC introduces the Linked Data standards and principles that provide the foundation of the Semantic web. We divided this introduction into four parts:
- the fundamental principles of linked data on the Web
- the R.D.F. recommendation that provides a standard data model and syntaxes to publish and link data on the Web
- an overview of the S.P.A.R.Q.L. query language that allows us to access data sources on the Web
- the standards supporting the exchange and integration of R.D.F. data with other formats and data sources:
Each week alternates short videos and quizzes, as well as supplementary resources, to gradually progress through the different principles and standards.
Plan du MOOC
- Week 1: Principles of a Web of Linked Data
- Week 2: The R.D.F. Data Model
- Week 3: S.P.A.R.Q.L. Query Language
- Week 4: Integration with Other Data Formats and Sources
Students' work in the course is assessed through quizzes between each video and exercises at the end of every week. A certificate will be issued by FUN-MOOC, confirming successful completion of the MOOC.
- Certificat proposé : oui (gratuit)
- Attestation proposée : non
- Attendus du MOOC : Participants need to be acquainted with basic Web notions (e.g. browser) and be able to install software on their machine.
- Du cours : Licence Creative Commons BY-NC-ND
- Du contenu produit par les participants : Licence Creative Commons BY-NC-ND