MOOCs gratuits : catalogue de cours en ligne ouverts et massifs
MOOC Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (N.M.R.) a Compass to Nanoworld
Step into the world of N.M.R. and its applications. This multi-disciplinary course you will give you the basic theoretical knowledge on NMR and let you discover the commonly used N.M.R. experiments.
Informations pratiques sur le MOOC
- Type: MOOC, cours en ligne
- Temps d'apprentissage: 8 semaines
- Niveau: Enseignement supérieur, licence
- Durée: de 02:00h à 03:00h/semaine
- Langues: anglais
- Contenu: vidéos
- Public cible: undergraduate, graduate students, educators and professionals
- Age attendu: 18 et +
- Droits: Creative Commons BY-NC-ND
Description du MOOC
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (N.M.R.) phenomenon is currently exploited for many purposes, including medical imaging using the MRI technique but also the characterization of the structure and the dynamics of matter at atomic scale by N.M.R. spectroscopy, which is a key tool in chemistry, structural biology, pharmacology and material sciences. N.M.R. is also employed for oil exploration or the inspection of artworks.
This online course, entitled Nuclear Magnetic Resonance, a compass for the nanoworld, aims at providing students and professionals the basic knowledge about Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (N.M.R.) and an overview of its applications. With the aim of developing the subject from the beginning, this course sets out the fundamental principles of N.M.R. At the end of the course, you will know about the commonly used N.M.R.experiments and the interpretation of the N.M.R. spectra of solutions and solids. This course will notably highlight the usefulness of N.M.R. spectroscopy for the characterization of organic molecules, proteins, sugars and advanced materials.
Plan du MOOC
- Week 1: Importance of N.M.R. and the basic principles of N.M.R. spectroscopy.
- Week 2: N.M.R. experiment and 1H N.M.R. of organic molecules in solution.
- Week 3: Probing covalent bonds and connectivities in organic molecules via J-couplings.
- Week 4: 13C N.M.R. of organic molecules in solution.
- Week 5: 2D N.M.R. of organic molecules in solution and N.M.R. of proteins.
- Week 6: A practical work of liquid-state N.M.R. and N.M.R. of sugars.
- Week 7: Solid-state N.M.R. and the structural study of glasses by N.M.R.
- Week 8: N.M.R. of catalysts and batteries as well as a practical work of solid-state N.M.R.
- Public visé : This MOOC is intended for undergraduate and graduate students as well as educators and professionals who want to learn the basic concepts of N.M.R. and discover its major applications. This multi-disciplinary course will appeal to students and professionals with background in chemistry, physics, material sciences, pharmacology, medicine and Earth sciences.
- Pré-requis : Students should have a background in basic chemistry,including :
- the atoms
- the elements and the periodic table
- the structure of organic molecules (functional groups, stereochemistry)
- basic physics
- knowledge about the spectroscopy (energy levels, photon, frequency)
- the magnetism
Objectif pédagogique du MOOC
- Objectif : At the end of the MOOC, you will know about the commonly used N.M.R. experiments and the interpretation of the N.M.R. spectra of solutions and solids. This MOOC will notably highlight the usefulness of N.M.R. spectroscopy for the characterization of organic molecules, proteins, sugars and advanced materials.
- Accédez à la plateforme : FUN-MOOC
- Vous inscrire au MOOC : Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (N.M.R.) a Compass to Nanoworld
Conditions d'utilisation :
- · Du cours : BY-NC-ND Creative Commons License (Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License)
- · Des contenus produits par les participants : BY-NC-ND Creative Commons License (Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License)
- MOOC Du manager agile au leader designer
- MOOC Mobile robots and autonomous vehicles
- Lancement de ma-fac2sciences.fr
- Faq2Sciences - Poursuite des actions d'orientation et d'appui à l'entrée à l'université pour les filières scientifiques
- Faq2Sciences : pour vous évaluer, conforter votre orientation et vous remettre à niveau