MOOCs gratuits : catalogue de cours en ligne ouverts et massifs
MOOC "Care for carers" Aider une personne âgée : un rôle à part entière. Conseils et soutien
This MOOC is entended for anyone engaged in a care relationship with older people in disability or dependency situations, whether formal or informal caregivers.
Présentation du MOOC "Care for carers" Aider une personne âgée : un rôle à part entière. Conseils et soutien
Informations pratiques sur le MOOC
- Type: MOOC, cours en ligne, quiz, attestation de suivi
- Temps d'apprentissage: 8 semaines
- Niveau: à partir du baccalauréat
- Durée d'exécution: de 01:00h à 02:00h/semaine
- Langues: anglais
- Contenu: vidéos
- Public cible: grand public
- Age attendu: 18 et +
- Droits: Licence restrictive
Description du MOOC
This module is part of Care Campus, a unique partner ship of academic institutions companies cities and governemental agencies that aim to improve the quality of care of older citizens in Europe. This is a 4 modules self paced interactive course. The general goal of this module is to enable caregivers to continue carying out their carers role, by taking care of themselves and of the relationship. This course provide knowledge on the carer's role and the care relationship, their potential impact on wellbeing, quality of life but also physical and mental health. It delivers key informations on the way to recognize and prevent stress, but also to reduce the risk of exhaustion and social isolation. Counselling is provided on time management and life-balance, as well as on finding help and support in your health care system.
Déroulement du MOOC
Our MOOC is set up over 4 disctincts sections, one every two weeks, with a total length of 8 weeks. It is an interactive course in which you can be asked about your exeprience, in an anonymous way. You can follow it at your own pace. Each section includes audio or video link which will take you through the key elements of each section. The course presents experts interviews but also caregiver's of many countries testimonies. The script of the entire course is also avalaible, module by module. A reflective activity invites you to think about your own situation. Each section has a number of study activities, which allow you to test your knowledge but also to reflect on what you have discovered in each section. Interactive activities are proposed.
Plan du MOOC
- Module 1 : Being a carer
- Provides learners key notions on the carer's role and the main aspects of the relationship.
- Module 2 : The impact of caring
- Provides learners basic knowledge on the potential imapct of the carer's role on health, quality of life, well being but also physical and mental health.
- Provides learners key notions on stress, exhaustion and depression
- Module 3 : Coping and time management
- Provides learners tips on time management and prevention personal life balance.
- Delivers basic knowledge on stress prevention, one coping strategies in case of stress and fatigue.
- Providers learners counselling on crisis situations management.
- Module 4 : Finding help
- Provides learners informations on professional support (general practionner, other health care professionals, social workers, family associations etc).
- Provides learners information on the organisation of health care systems, rights and concerns of the caregiver (European wide, country base and local rights).
- Provides learners basic Knowledge on the place of Information and communication technologies in care and in carer's help and support.
- Envisage the change in the carer's role trough years, and in end of life.
In each MOOC section there will be self assessment questions related to the content of the video lectures and supplementary material. Correct answers and an explanation will be provided only after you have submitted your own answers.
You can obtain a certificate of attendance. If you answer at least 70% of the questions correctly, then you will also have a PASS grade.
- Public visé : This MOOC is for anyone who can help someone who is older or interested in this topic
- Pré-requis : This MOOC is deliverer in English. Students may be comfortable in English language. Next year, the course will be available in many europeans languages, including French.
Objectif pédagogique du MOOC
- Objectif : At the end of this course you will be able to :
- Recognize the caracteristics of the carerelationship and the carer's role
- Understand the potential consequences of this role on health and well being
- Reflect on strategies to prevent stress and exhaustion, and to better assume this role in preserving your filfe balance
- Find professional help in your own health care system and to build your own resource pack in order to maintain your role
Édition et diffusion du MOOC "Care for carers" Aider une personne âgée : un rôle à part entière. Conseils et soutien
- Accédez à la plateforme : FUN-MOOC
- Vous inscrire au MOOC : "Care for carers" Aider une personne âgée : un rôle à part entière. Conseils et soutien
Suivez le MOOC sur les réseaux sociaux :
- Suivez sur Linkedin l'actualité de l'E.I.T. (European Institute of Innovation and Technology)
- Consultez le journal Care Weekly
Conditions d'utilisation :
- Du cours : All rights reserved. Restrictive License: This course is under intellectual property and thus can not be reused.
- Des contenus produits par les participants : All rights reserved. Restrictive License: This course is under intellectual property and thus can not be reused.