MOOCs gratuits : catalogue de cours en ligne ouverts et massifs
MOOC Research integrity in scientific professions
The objective of this MOOC is to disseminate a culture of research integrity within institutions. Rather than passing on knowledge it is a matter of raising awareness of the various issues associated with research integrity and encouraging a critical approach by proposing the basic elements necessary to understand and support the requirements of research integrity.
Informations pratiques sur le MOOC
- Type: MOOC, cours en ligne, quiz, attestation de suivi
- Niveau: enseignement supérieur
- Durée d'exécution: 04:00h/semaine
- Langues: anglais
- Contenu: vidéos, textes, animations
- Public cible: étudiants, chercheurs
- Age attendu: 18 et +
- Droits: Licence Creative Commons BY-NC-ND
Description du MOOC
Since the Singapore Statement on Research Integrity in 2010, the international scientific community has been mobilizing to ensure that the methodological and ethical requirements of research are more clearly stated, in a context where the race for novelty and the introduction of a reinforced competitive logic increase the risks of scientific misconducts. In addition, regulatory strengthening and social responsibility issues require knowledge of fundamental principles of research integrity.
The various research organisations in France have multiplied their initiatives and their convergence has led to the signature of the "charte de déontologie des métiers de la recherche" (Charter of Ethics in Research Professions) by the CPU (Conference of University Presidents) and the main research bodies in January 2015. Following the report submitted by Pr. Pierre Corvol in 2016, Bilan et propositions de mise en œuvre de la charte nationale d'intégrité scientifique (Assessment and proposals for the implementation of this charter), several decisions were taken, notably:
- doctoral schools must ensure that doctoral students benefit from training in ethics and research integrity
- institutions have appointed a delegate to research integrity ("référent intégrité scientifique")
- a French Office for Scientific Integrity (OFIS) was installed in 2017 at the HCERES
Committed to this issue since 2012 with the adoption of a charter of ethic, the University of Bordeaux has developed this course on research integrity, in partnership with C.P.U. (Conférence des Présidents d'Université), and the main French research bodies:
Déroulement du MOOC
This MOOC is a self-paced course. It will be continuously open from the 7th of november 2018. As soon as it opens, you can set your own work pace and have access to all the educational content and fun and collaborative activities. You will discover a wide variety of tools:
- campus videos
- professors' interviews by PhD students
- interviews with experts
- testimonials from PhD students
- interactive situations
- tests to verify the knowledge acquired
- discussions on forums to enrich your training experience
- additional resources to enable you to go further
Four forum facilitation sessions will be offered each year and will allow you to ask your questions to the pedagogical team. More information is provided in the introductory section "Before you start".
All course content, activities, and resources are in English. For accessibility purposes, all videos are subtitled in English and transcripts in.rtf format are available for download. All the proposed contents are also available in French on the French version of the MOOC available here: "Intégrité scientifique dans les métiers de la recherche".
Plan du MOOC
- Module 1 outlines the issues of research integrity.
- Module 2 focuses on clarifying what constitutes scientific misconducts and their origins.
- Module 3 specifies certain rules to prevent scientific misconducts.
- Module 4 deals with the regulation of these misconducts, through collective arrangements or through the researcher's individual responsibility.
This MOOC gives rise to a successful follow-up certificate. To validate this training, you must obtain at least 80% of correct answers to the four quizzes proposed (one per module). This certificate will be delivered by FUN at the end of each proposed facilitation session and directly downloadable on your dashboard. Depending on the date on which you validate the entire training, you will obtain your certificate in January, April, July or October. More information is provided in the introductory section "Before you start".
- Public visé : This MOOC is intended primarily for young researchers in all universities and other higher education and research institutions in France and abroad. More broadly, it concerns anyone who wonders what integrity and responsible research is.
- Pré-requis : No prerequisites are required to follow this course.
Objectif pédagogique du MOOC
- Objectif : The objective of this training is to disseminate a culture of research integrity within institutions. Rather than passing on knowledge (this is not a learning process), it is a matter of raising awareness of the various issues associated with research integrity and encouraging a critical approach by proposing the basic elements necessary to understand and support the requirements of research integrity. This training aims at:
- inform you about research integrity issues
- alert you to the mechanisms that can lead to scientific misconducts
- encourage you to develop a sense of responsibility and conduct yourself in a spirit of scientific integrity
- Accédez à la plateforme : FUN-MOOC
- Vous inscrire au MOOC : Research integrity in scientific professions
Conditions d'utilisation :
- Du cours : Licence Creative Commons BY-NC-ND (Attribution - No Commercial Use - No Modification). You can only use the course content for personal purposes and you must mention the author's name.
- Des contenus produits par les participants : Licence Creative Commons BY-NC-ND (Attribution - No Commercial Use - No Modification). You can only use the course content for personal purposes and you must mention the author's name.