MOOCs gratuits : catalogue de cours en ligne ouverts et massifs
MOOC Education through research : engineering in the classroom
Discover with this MOOC an example of educational action, in relation with the challenges and methods of engineering, to help develop a creative, critical and resposible approach for your students.
Informations pratiques sur le MOOC
- Type: MOOC, cours en ligne, attestation de suivi
- Temps d'apprentissage: 6 semaines
- Niveau: Enseignement supérieur
- Durée d'exécution: 01:30h/semaine
- Langues: anglais
- Contenu: vidéos
- Public cible: enseignants, animateurs, formateurs d'enseignants
- Age attendu: 21 et +
- Droits: Licence Creative Commons BY-NC-ND
Description du MOOC
Education through research
Education Through Research refers to both the instructor's positioning herself as a teacher-researcher as well as a means of introducing students to research methods and ethics. By taking research as a model, school culture reconnects with the rigor of the scientific approach, the development of critical thinking, the desire to explore the unknown and to innovate while inspiring creativity and collaboration.
Teachers thus engage their students in cooperative, rigorous projects where they utilize numerous skills such as:
- observing, asking questions
- describing, formulating hypotheses
- accumulating knowledge
- experimenting, modeling, exchanging information
- presenting their arguments
- validating results
Asking questions, making mistakes, testing, iteration, comparing the model with reality, teamwork, and opening up the school to the outside world are just some of the drivers of students' learning.
Thanks to the Education Through Research approach, students are introduced at a very young age to the tools and concepts of research and knowledge production. They carry out projects which culminate in a final presentation attesting to what they've learned, their new skills, and how their thinking has progressed.
Engineering in the Classroom
Why study engineering in primary or secondary school?
Science and technology is a field of exploration conducive to stimulating students' questions and motivation.
The aim of an Engineering in School project is to allow classes to tap into these techniques and know-how to build new knowledge and develop the skills that will enable them to shape the world of tomorrow.
Engineering in the Classroom is an educational model drawing on the methods and issues of engineering in order to develop an innovative, creative, critical, and responsible mindset:
- Mechanics and electronics
- Reverse engineering
Déroulement du MOOC
This MOOC offers an introduction that will enable you to better understand the principles and challenges of an Education Through Research project applied to engineering. To do this, all you have to do is consult the MOOC resources and participate in the suggested activities throughout the 6 weeks of the course.
Plan du MOOC
- Week 0 : Discovery
- Week 1 : Get started with an Education Through Research project
- Week 2 : Questioning and literature review
- Week 3 : Research question and protocol
- Week 4 : Carrying out the project
- Week 5 : Publication
A course certificate is automatically delivered by FUN to participants who score at least 75% in the activities.
- Public visé : This MOOC is intended for:
- school teachers
- college teachers
- teacher trainers
- Pré-requis : You don't need to have skills or knowledge in engineering to participate in this MOOC.
Objectif pédagogique du MOOC
- Objectif : The goal of this online training course is to familiarize you with an approach that aims to place you and your students in a research and development role in order to produce new knowledge.
Intervenants, édition et diffusion du MOOC Education through research : engineering in the classroom
- Aurélie Beauné
- Matthieu Cisel
- Marie-Camille Coudert
- Jean-Philippe Maitre
- Muriel Meillier
- Cédric Pignel
- Sophie Viguir-Vinson
- Fondation Thales
- Musée de l'Air et de l'Espace
Direction and Filming
- Vidéoscopie Production : directed by Isabelle BONNET, Michel ALBERGANTI
- MOOC Factory : directed by Xavier DESPLAS assistant director Alexis ROYNEAU
- Trailer: Permis de vivre la ville
- Accédez à la plateforme : FUN-MOOC
- Vous inscrire au MOOC : Education through research : engineering in the classroom
Suivez le MOOC sur les réseaux sociaux :
To follow the latest news from Savanturiers, join us on Facebook or Twitter with the #IngeMOOC ! Hashtag.
Conditions d'utilisation :
- Du cours : Licence Creative Commons BY-NC-ND (Attribution - Strictly Private Non-Commercial Use - No modification). The user must mention the author's name. The work may only be used in a strictly non-commercial context and the original work may not be modified.
- Des contenus produits par les participants : Licence Creative Commons BY-NC-ND (Attribution - Strictly Private Non-Commercial Use - No modification). The user must mention the author's name. The work may only be used in a strictly non-commercial context and the original work may not be modified.
You can watch this workshop Methods and issues of engineering presented by Amine HJIEJ during a Savanturiers traning course (Autumn 2016)
Foire aux questions
- What kinds of resources can I find in the Education Through Research: Engineering in the Classroom MOOC?
This MOOC offers you video, text, image, and activity resources to help you understand the Education Through Research model.
With this MOOC, you will discover footage of classes and teacher interviews in the "Instructional Sesign" section, researchers' suggestions that will introduce you to the "Issues and Methods" of their discipline and how to transfer them to the classroom, as well as an "Education Through Research" section to help you set up the Education Through Research model with your students.
- Who is this course for?
This MOOC is for anyone interested in an educational approach whose objective is to turn each student, each child, into a learner-researcher.
It's geared primarily towards primary school teachers, but is also highly applicable to secondary school teachers. Beyond this audience, extra-curricular activity leaders and educators will also find inspiring ideas in this online course to devise their Education Through Research projects.
- MOOC Éthique de la recherche
- MOOC Conversion thermodynamique de la chaleur : modéliser et simuler
- MOOC Des rivières et des hommes : hydrologie, hydraulique et géomorphologie
- MOOC Former et développer les compétences : innovation et pilotage
- MOOC Algèbre linéaire de première année d'enseignement supérieur
- Emmanuelle Laignel
- Céline Chalmeton Adannou
- Aurélien Brendel
- Clara Falaschini
- Jérémy Falaschini
- Régis Forgione
- Amine Hjiej
- Cécile Mésaize
- MOOC Biodiversité et changements globaux
- MOOC Mobile robots and autonomous vehicles
- Lancement de ma-fac2sciences.fr
- Faq2Sciences - Poursuite des actions d'orientation et d'appui à l'entrée à l'université pour les filières scientifiques
- Faq2Sciences : pour vous évaluer, conforter votre orientation et vous remettre à niveau