MOOCs gratuits : catalogue de cours en ligne ouverts et massifs
MOOC O.W.U. 2 - Open Wine University 2
O.W.U. 2 allows you to discover the different elements of the wine world thanks to a multidisciplinary approach. We'll travel from the vineyard to the cellar, covering wine economics, wine history and how to talk about wine.
Informations pratiques sur le MOOC
- Type: MOOC, cours en ligne, quiz, attestation de suivi
- Temps d'apprentissage: 5 semaines
- Niveau: pas de niveau spécifique requis
- Durée: 03:00h/semaine
- Langues: anglais
- Contenu: vidéos
- Public cible: grand public
- Age attendu: 18 et +
- Droits: Licence Creative Commons BY-NC-SA
Description du MOOC
Open Wine University is the viticulture and wine university open to all.
Created in 2015 by the University of Burgundy, the MOOC O.W.U. 1 was a pioneer in the field of viticulture and wine. Today, this MOOC returns with the version O.W.U. 2, including new content and activities, all fully available in four languages:
During this five-week course, participants will discover the many facets of wine.
After a few reminders on basic concepts, we will be asking whether wine is threatened by:
- climate change
Then we will explore the make-up of soils and how wine is made. Next, we will look at how ‘terroir' develops and is promoted. Before the wine is ready to be served, we'll need to look at bottling and aging. We will be looking at wine economy and history. Finally, we will discover that wine communication is a world in its own right.
Déroulement du MOOC
Open Wine University is organized over 5 weeks. There will be 3 lecture videos a week, each with its own quiz.
Throughout the program, participants are encouraged to create their own back label to describe a wine of their choice. This activity is evaluated by the other students.
Plan du MOOC
- Week 1: Introduction
- Between soil and climate
- Wine micro-organisms
- First steps in wine-tasting + winemaking of white and red wines
- Week 2: Is wine in danger?
- Climate and viticulture
- Major grapevine diseases and pests
- The global wine economy after the phylloxera crisis
- Week 3: Crafting wine
- Geology and soils of Burgundian terroirs
- Wine and microbial diversity
- Wine markets
- Week 4: Harnessing your terroir
- Creating terroir in the context of viticulture
- Special winemaking techniques, example of winemaking of "vins jaunes/yellow wines" from Jura
- Wine flaws
- Week 5: Final steps in getting the wine ready to be enjoyed
- Wine bottling
- Wine ageing
- Wine: an approach for communication
- short written summaries each week
- creation of a back-label (peer-reviewed)
A certificate of completion will be distributed at the end of the program.
- Public visé : This MOOC is open to all.
- Pré-requis : This MOOC is open with no prerequisites. It is not necessary to have completed O.W.U. 1, to take O.W.U. 2.
Objectif pédagogique du MOOC
- Objectif : This MOOC aims to discover the world of vine and wine.
Conditions d'utilisation :
- Du cours : Licence Creative Commons BY-NC-SA (Attribution - NonCommercial - ShareAlike)
Foire aux questions
Question 1: Is it necessary to have taken the OWU 1 MOOC before I take the OWU 2 MOOC?
NO. The first week of OWU 2 MOOC goes over all the essential concepts to get you up to speed to follow the course.
Question 2: Can I take the MOOC if I don't speak French?
There are two other versions available, open the same dates: one in English and the other in Spanish. There is also a Chinese version on the XuetangX platform.
Direction et coordination du programme
- Marielle Adrian - Directrice du programme
- Sandrine Rousseaux - Coordination pédagogique
- Hervé Alexandre
- Jordi Ballester
- Benjamin Bois
- Christian Coelho
- Régis Gougeon
- Michèle Guilloux-Benatier
- Olivier Jacquet
- Maria Nikolantonaki
- Raphaëlle Tourdot
- Sophie Trouvelot
- Pierre-Yves Collin
- Jean-Pierre Garcia
- Olivier Mathieu
- Amélie Quiquerez
- Mathieu Thevenot
Partenaires et financeur
- Université Bourgogne Franche-Comté
- Université de Bourgogne
- Université de Franche-Comté
- Institut Universitaire de la Vigne et du Vin
- Business School of Burgundy
Ce projet est co-financé par le programme n°ANR15-IDEX03, ISITE-BFC WP 3.9.1. "MOOC Open Wine University 2 (O.W.U. 2)".