MOOCs gratuits : catalogue de cours en ligne ouverts et massifs
MOOC Introduction to a Web of Linked Data
The Web now publishes and links vast databases. This MOOC will introduce the core principles and the two main standards (RDF, SPARQL Query) used to publish and retrieve linked data on the Web applications.
Informations pratiques sur le MOOC
- Type: MOOC, cours en ligne, questionnaires, quiz, exercices, certificat
- Temps d'apprentissage: 4 semaines
- Niveau: à partir du baccalauréat
- Durée d'exécution: 03:00h/semaine
- Langues: anglais
- Contenu: vidéos
- Public cible: étudiants en informatique
- Age attendu: 18 et +
- Droits: Licence Creative Commons License BY-NC-ND
Description du MOOC
Among its many evolutions, the Web became a way to exchange data between applications. Everyday we consume and produce these data through a growing variety of applications running on a growing variety of devices. This major evolution of the Web has applications in all domains of activity.
This MOOC introduces the Linked Data standards and principles that provide the foundation of the Semantic web. We divided this introduction into four parts:
- the fundamental principles of linked data on the Web
- the R.D.F. recommendation that provides a standard data model and syntaxes to publish and link data on the Web
- an overview of the S.P.A.R.Q.L. query language that allows us to access data sources on the Web
- the standards supporting the exchange and integration of R.D.F. data with other formats and data sources:
Each week alternates short videos and quizzes, as well as supplementary resources, to gradually progress through the different principles and standards.
Plan du MOOC
- Week 1: Principles of a Web of Linked Data
- Week 2: The R.D.F. Data Model
- Week 3: S.P.A.R.Q.L. Query Language
- Week 4: Integration with Other Data Formats and Sources
Students' work in the course is assessed through quizzes between each video and exercises at the end of every week. A certificate will be issued by FUN-MOOC, confirming successful completion of the MOOC.
- Pré-requis : Participants need to be acquainted with basic Web notions (e.g. browser) and be able to install software on their machine.
Suivez le MOOC sur les réseaux sociaux :
Conditions d'utilisation :
- Du cours : The course material is provided under Creative Commons License BY-NC-ND: the name of the author should always be mentioned ; the user can exploit the work except in a commercial context and he or she cannot make changes to the original work.
- Des contenus produits par les participants : Except otherwise specified, the contents produced by participants are shared under Creative Commons License BY-NC-ND: the name of the author should always be mentioned ; the user can exploit the work except in a commercial context and he or she cannot make changes to the original work.