MOOCs gratuits : catalogue de cours en ligne ouverts et massifs
MOOC Internet Measurements: a Hands-on Introduction
This MOOC is a hands-on introduction to internet measurements. You will see how to make these measurements and understand what you can and cannot learn from them.
Informations pratiques sur le MOOC
- Type: MOOC : cours en ligne, quiz, exercices, attestation de réussite
- Temps d'apprentissage: 5 semaines
- Niveau: Enseignement supérieur, master
- Durée d'exécution: de 02h00/ à 03h00/semaine
- Langues: anglais
- Contenu: vidéos
- Public cible: étudiants et professionels
- Age attendu: 21 et +
- Droits: License Creative Commons BY-NC-ND
Description du MOOC
This MOOC is a hands-on introduction to internet measurements. You will learn about :
- measuring the structure of the internet and the routes through that structure
- delays, losses and connectivity
You will :
- see how to make these measurements
- understand what you can and cannot learn from them
This MOOC provides you with the ability to launch measurements on PlanetLab Europe, a platform consisting of internet connected servers at over 150 locations around the continent.
This MOOC is structured in 5 weeks. Each week, around 6 course sequences will be available with video lectures, supplementary ressources, associated quiz and applicative exercises.
Plan du MOOC
- Week 1 : Introduction
- Week 2 : Topology and routes
- Week 3 : Connectivity, losses, latency, and geolocation
- Week 4 : Bandwidth
- Week 5 : Traffic Measurements
Students' work in the MOOC is assessed through weekly online quizzes based on the content of the videos. In addition, students are :
- asked to perform measurements on the PlanetLab Europe platform through an interface provided by the course
- quizzed on the results of these experiments
- invited to conduct measurements from their own computers as additional exercises, which are not assessed
A certificate will be issued by FUN-MOOC, confirming successful completion of the MOOC.
- Public visé : Students in masters course and professionals.
- Pré-requis : You will be ready for this course if you have the level of understanding of internet technology that comes from an advanced undergraduate course or a first Masters course in networking, or equivalent professional experience.
Objectif pédagogique du MOOC
- Objectif : We teach you how to run measurements from any computer.
- Accédez à la plateforme : FUN-MOOC
- Vous inscrire au MOOC : Internet Measurements : a Hands-on Introduction
Suivez le MOOC sur les réseaux sociaux :
- Page Twitter du MOOC Internet Measurements : a Hands-on Introduction
- Suivez le #netmeasure sur Twitter
Conditions d'utilisation :
- Du cours : The course material is provided under Creative Commons License BY-NC-ND: the name of the author should always be mentioned ; the user can exploit the work except in a commercial context and he cannot make changes to the original work.
- Des contenus produits par les participants : Except otherwise specified, the contents produced by participants are shared under Creative Commons License BY-NC-ND: the name of the author should always be mentioned ; the user can exploit the work except in a commercial context and he cannot make changes to the original work.
- Mark Crovella & Balachander Krishnamurthy. Internet Measurement: infrastructure, traffic and applications. 2006
- Olivier Bonaventure. Computer Networking: Principles, Protocols and Practice. 2011
Video thumbnail : Innovative space metrology. © sergey150770 / Can Stock Photo Inc.
This training course is produced by Inria within the IDEFI uTOP Project - contract PIA ANR-11-IDEFI-0037.